Eligibility for EOPS:
Students may be eligible for EOPS if the following requirements are satisfied:
California Resident, Dream Act, or AB540 Student
Qualify for a BOGW A, B, or C with $0 Family Expected Contribution (Board of Governor's Waiver)
Enrolled in a minimum of 12 units (unless you have approved reduced unit load)
Have completed fewer than 70 degree applicable units and must not have earned a Bachelor's degree.
Students must also meet ONE of the following criteria to establish being economically and educationally disadvantaged:
- Score 40 or lower on the reading or writing assessment or 20 on the math
- Have no high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Graduated from high school with a grade point average below 2.5
- Previously enrolled in remedial courses
- First generation college student
- English is not the primary language spoken at home
- Emancipated foster/current youth
To apply for EOPS, an application must be completed and submitted online. Please note that the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application data is required to determine eligibility. To avoid delays in processing applications, please be sure to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application. Financial Aid must be packaged at San Diego Miramar College.