The Advanced ELAC program recognizes a high level of English language achievement. Students who earn this award have successfully completed advanced ELAC coursework in grammar; writing; reading, listening, and speaking skills; and critical thinking.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the ELAC program will be able to:
- Write an essay with a thesis statement that is clear, direct, and answers the prompt.
- Write supporting paragraphs with major and minor details related to each topic sentence.
- Organize writing with unity and coherence.
- Speak, read, and write with a variety of complex sentence and grammatical structures with minimal errors that do not interfere with meaning.
- Express a clear and coherent opinion about a selected topic and provide at least two points of appropriate support for an opinion in a speech of three to five minutes.